JPK Consulting is owned by Jeffrey Kolts, a police supervisor with over 20 years of law enforcement experience.
Throughout his career, Jeff has received the Medal of Valor, the Purple Heart Medal, three Lifesaving Medals, three Police Merit Medals, the Community Service Medal, and numerous commendations from first responders and the public praising his ability as an instructor, as well as his ability to address traffic issues through planning and implementation.
Some comments from evaluations that have been received by JPK Consulting include:
- “This was the best ICS class that I have attended”
- “Jeff kept me interested through the entire class”
- “Jeff took a dry subject and made it interesting”
- “Jeff’s incredible base of knowledge allows him to work effectively with personnel from many disciplines”
- “Jeff has the ability to identify a problem and develop a solution for it”
- “I have found Jeff to be highly capable, professional and someone who knows his business from first hand experience”
Jeff is certified to instruct the entire Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Incident Command System (ICS) curriculum (ICS-100 through 400, and IS-700 and 800). He is certified as an All-Hazards Type 3 Planning Section Chief and is certified under both the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and FEMA’s Master Exercise Practitioner Program (MEPP).
Jeff has designed multi-jurisdictional training, including a basic motorcade class which involved 135 officers from 23 different jurisdictions. Utilizing his training and experience, Jeff has assisted jurisdictions with planning exercises that incorporate Incident Command, and was a contributor to the United States Department of Justice Publication “Planning and Managing Security for Major Special Events: Guidelines for Law Enforcement”.
Jeff has also utilized the Incident Command System in a number of real world scenarios, from large scale events to daily law enforcement operations.
Jeff has received his Master of Science Degree in Management and is presently pursuing his Doctoral Degree in Public Administration.
DUNS Number: 044013816